Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Haiku Rocks



simple, plain, round stone
ordinary on the outside
magic lives within





     I love geodes because they are a constant reminder to me that what is dull on the outside may turn out to be something very special and precious on the inside.  It reminds me not to judge people too quickly, or as the old saying goes, don't judge a book by its cover.  Have you ever had a book, a poem, a friend, a relative that changed as you got to know it?  Can you write a poem about your experience?  Have fun thinking about all the wonderful ways you can change too.



1 comment:

  1. A great lesson here. What a beautiful creation to teach it.

    ReplyDelete