Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Dancing Buffalo

WOW!  I'm sure having fun trying these poems with illustrations.  Let's see how just using a picture works.  

Have you seen
the tap dancing buffalo?
He's dressed in top hat
and tuxedo.
Doing dance steps
like buck-and-wing
in his tap shoes
that go zing!

    I've written poems about dancing with an ostrich and this buffalo.  What dancing animal would you like to write a poem about? 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joy,

    I see a sign posted: Dancing Buffalo ahead! A once in a lifetime experience. Buy your tickets at the park entrance. $20 per carload. Do not leave your vehicle. Shows every 30 minutes. No tipping allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful and fun, Linda. I can see this buffalo developing into a character who saves the wild life park from urban development and wins first prize on the TV Show SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE.
    Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Joy,
    You are so much fun. I love the tapdancing Buffalo. Cool. Do something to celebrate you!
    Joan Y. Edwards

    ReplyDelete