Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

FEET

Mom has pretty feet with rosy painted toes.
Dad has hairy feet that curls as his hair grows.
Baby has feet with nails that Mommy has to clip.
I have two strong feet to run and jump and skip.

Cats have feet, we call them paws
and puppies have them too.
Fish have fins, they don't have feet.
Oh what is a fish to do?

Ducks and frogs have webbed feet,
for swimming these are best.
Birds have thin, long spindly feet
to fly twigs to their nest.

How do snakes and worms move
since they do not have feet?
My mom she likes them all
but hates our muddy feet.

     I wrote this poem about feet.  Can you write one about hands?  What can you hold in your hand?  How does a snake shake hands?  Have fun writing.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,

    The more Mom hates muddy feet, the more kids love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you've cleaned up your own share of prints left by muddy feet. Thanks for the comment, Linda.

    JOY

    ReplyDelete