Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

CLACKO THE WACKO BIRD



Clacko is a wacko bird
who sings through his beak
*clack*  *clack*  *clack*

He spreads his pink wings
over my desk chair
and I want my chair
*back*  *back*  *back*

He does make me laugh,
this incredible bird.
He gives me poems,
I give you my word.

.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,

    Everyone needs one of these for inspiration, so they won't take themselves too seriously, and just for laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You betcha! Thanks Linda.
    Clacko was a birthday present from my husband and he arrived with a card in his beak exactly as you see him, sitting on my desk chair. I laughed so hard when I came in to work and there was this silly bird. Anytime I'm feeling low, I just look at Clacko and I have to laugh.
    His name came from my friend and former NC critique buddy Molly Weston.

    ReplyDelete