Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

RAIN


RAINING

Quiet rain falls in the forest,
pitter-patter,
splishy-splatter,
landing on trees.

The branches drink the cool water,
filling their roots
feeding trees with
waltzing water.

Silver rain rest on oak leaves,
dripping down pines,
prism droplets
of diamond dew.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I especially liked waltzing water and diamond dew. Lovely!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,
    Thank you for your comment. Alliteration is always a fun thing to throw in a poem. Since I wasn't rhyming, I did want to use some of the other poetic devices. Can you see other examples of alliteration and assonance in this poem?

    ReplyDelete