Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Pocket

When my boys were young, I used to enjoy emptying their pockets at the end of the day.  It was always interesting to see what they had collected and thought was important to them on their adventures during the day.


My Pocket

In my pocket
I have a rock
and a piece
of sidewalk chalk.
I have a nail,
and a Monopoly card
to get out of jail,
a foreign stamp
that came in the mail,
a piece of gum
that's very stale,
the rattle from
a dead snake's tail,
a piece of bone
from a whale.
I have a Lincoln Log,
a milk bottle pog,
a tag from the dog,
a metal cog
and, oh yes,
here is
my pet frog.


     Quick, check what you have in your pocket right now?  Can you write a poem about it?  

1 comment:

  1. Joy,

    What a tale this could weave. You could make it a maze of a treasure hunt.

    ReplyDelete