Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, August 1, 2011

I Like My Sky Blue




I'm standing under
a sky so blue.


I'm standing here
thinking of you.

I'm listening to 
this sky that's blue

tell me stories
that may be true.

This sky has many
stories to tell,

and each of them ends
wishing us well.

So may your skies 
all be blue

and may the day
go well for you.


     What does the sky look like above you today?  If the sky were to tell you a story, what do you think it would say?  Does looking up into the vast sky make you feel very small?  If you were floating up in the sky, what would you see?  Hear?  Can you write a poem about the sky?

No comments:

Post a Comment