Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

CHORUS

A bird symphony
surrounds
red of cardinal
and gila wood pecker
blue of jay
purple and yellow finch
rosy pink of dove
brown quail and cactus wren
gray of a mocking bird
voices swirl
trill high
sing deep
some tap a beat
the music lifts
pulls my head
higher, higher
makes me feel
like I just might
              Y!
         L
    F

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Joy. Do you really have all those birds to look at and hear? Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do Linda. Plus there are many more I didn't include in the poem. Now is the time of year when some of the migratory birds are starting to head back North.

      Delete
  2. Joy,
    Thanks for sharing the chorus with us! I love hearing birds!

    ReplyDelete