Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, February 2, 2015

FIRE III



Fire works
bursting in air
are a spark of inspiration.

Fire grows
day lilies, aloe, roses
fire pokers, and burning bush.

Fire blows
flame throwers sculpt
a transparent glass lamp.

Fire streaks
across the sunset--
sailors delight.

Fire flies
in the blink
of a lightning bug.

   And to think I thought I'd have a problem coming up with enough fire poems.  I have some more for tomorrow too.  Can you imagine the illustrations for these short poems?  I can.  Can you write a poem today about the sun rise?  Have fun writing.

4 comments:

  1. Fire has lots of jobs. More to come? You're a clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I thought I was ready to move on to stone, but fire keeps tugging and the more time I spend with it, the better the verses. And I have more ideas for rhyming the verbs and ordering the poems.

      Delete
  2. Goodness gracious, great balls of fire! What a bunch of great fire poems. Your creativity is ignited for sure, Joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I enjoyed your little ditty to go with the scarves and mittens. How clever of you. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete