Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, February 13, 2015

ROCKS III


Water ripples
in the creek
smoothing stones.






In the night
faeries delight
painting moss on rocks.





Tired muscles
relax at the spa
hot stone massage.



In the morning sun
a small whiptail lizard rests
on warm desert rocks.





Stones wait
on paper
defying the breeze.



Stones are a promise
long-lasting
after this poem.

     Happy Friday the 13th.  My oldest son always said this was a lucky day for him, so I'm wishing luck to you and a great poetry day.  I do feel lucky because the birds have been delightful today.  This morning when I went for my walk a female cardinal was having a singing contest with a cactus wren and it was beautiful music for a walk.  Now as I look out my window there are goldfinch and purple finches vieing for spots at the bird feeder.  It is very entertaining.  Look out your window.  What do you see?  Can you write a quick triplet about that today?  Or choose the form you want to write in and write your own poem for today.

   Happy Poetry Friday.  The round up is hosted by Cathy Mere today.  Head over to her blog Merely Day by Day for more poetry treats. Thank you, Cathy for a great poetry day.

8 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I love that faeries delight and paint moss on rocks. Great image!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I liked that one too and I thought for the fanciful idea of this one the fairies needed the old spelling of faeries.
      The rocks are doing better now.

      Delete
  2. These are lovely. I especially like the first one. The photos are beautiful as well. Thanks for sharing them here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosi. Somewhere I have that lizard photo and I've got to find it so I can add it to the post.

      Delete
  3. I love your poem, Joy! Enjoy your beautiful Friday the 13th! = )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becky. These are meant to be individual poems all on rocks or stones. I think they make more sense that way ;-)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for taking us on a little walk with you. Hanging out by the creek near my grandma's house was a favorite childhood pastime. Your poem takes me back there.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many different ways to describe, experience, look at, think about STONES!

    ReplyDelete