Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, February 9, 2015

WINTER HAIKU

Building a snow girl
on her head we put a hat
and a mop for hair.

In pink hats and gloves
we're hit with flying snow balls
we bomb the boy's fort.

Good books I can read
I'm set for a school snow day
warm, cuddled inside.

Windows with crystals
sparkling in the morning sun--
diamond tiaras.

Baking with Grandma
we make sweet sugar cookies--
a Christmas present.

For Christmas we sing
all around the neighborhood
finding peace on earth.

   So here are a half a dozen winter haiku, can you write your own winter haiku using a 5-7-5 pattern?  Have fun writing.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    Love the diamond tiaras! Almost worth the cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Princesses love tiaras too.
      Should I mention that it is 84 in Tucson today? I had a marvelous walk.

      Delete