Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, February 7, 2015

SUMMER HAIKU

Wading in the creek
we turn rocks over to look
for salamanders.

At sleep-away camp
in my cabin with the girls
we talk through the night.

Dandelion puffs
will grant us a magic wish
when we blow on them.

Dress up with my dolls
we are having a tea party--
cookies without crumbs.

Picnic at the park
peanut butter sandwiches
and too many ants.

At swim team practice
we race minnows and sharks
everyone gets wet.

    Happy Saturday, can you try writing your own haiku today?

4 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I like the irony in stanza 2: Sleep-away camp talk through the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first one -- turning over rocks and looking for salamanders -- very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosi. I always enjoyed looking for salamanders when I was a kid.

      Delete