Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

STONES II

Rock faces
a playground
for mountain goats.

Stones at rest
from a roll in the creek
a hidey home for salamander.

Rocks smoothed
by water
skip across our favorite lake.

Some rocks--geodes
hold a surprise
inside hidden starlight.

Stones hurl,
sticks throw,
words won't hurt.

    Your poetry prompt for today is to write a poem about something you saw on the ground today.  Have fun writing.

    I'm celebrating and marking a milestone.  Today is my 1,400th post.  I'm going off to write a stone triplet for mile-stone.

1 comment:

  1. Joy,
    I know the old saying "Sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me." Actually, they do. Maybe you could address that with a twist at the end of your haiku here. A second haiku to follow as a response. Just thinking here.

    ReplyDelete