Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, February 16, 2015

UP LATE

Mama, it's been snowing all day.
Can I stay up a little longer to play?

Daddy, Daddy, what do you say?
Can I please stay up and play?

I know it's almost my bed time
but if you let me, I'll be fine.

Can I have an extra 30 minutes?
That's all I ask,  That's the limit.

A half an hour will do the trick.
Then it's off to bed
and I'll sleep real quick.

    I you were to stay up half an hour past your bed time, what would you do?  Can you try writing a poem about bed time at your house?  Have fun

3 comments:

  1. Very cute. I have our grandchildren staying with us later this week, so this helps me be ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your grandchildren. They grow up too quickly.

      Delete
  2. If I could have 30 minutes, I'd probably ask for just 5 more.

    ReplyDelete