Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, February 12, 2015

PEBBLE

Little Pebble wanted
when he grew up to be
a Radio City Music Hall Rock-ette.

In my shoe
Little Pebble took a ride
The blister I got hurt my stride.

   
Oh, gosh!  These are awful.  Real groaners.  some days you just have to let yourself write bad stuff to get to the good stuff. I'm hoping good poems will come.   Can you write a poem about the wind today?  We are having really windy weather. 


2 comments:

  1. I can see promise with the Rock-ette one. I like the humor. Maybe it deserves a little more time to grow on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing. I went to bed last night dreaming of rocks and this morning, there were 5 move triplets to add to the rock, stone collection. Just when I was about to give up on this one my brain comes through for me.
      Do you know how to catch a rock?
      Stand in the forest and make a noise like a stone. (Another groaner) Hope you have a great day.

      Delete