Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

BLISTERS

I'm growing blisters 
on my hands from my swaying
on the monkey bars

     Do you have playground equipment at your school?  What is your favorite piece?  What do you like best about recess?  Can you write a poem about how it feels to be on the playground today?  What is your playground like?  Have fun writing.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I earned a few blisters in my day! I did love the monkey bars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you wear shorts under your dresses so your underpants wouldn't show? I did. I was probably in Junior High before I gave up on this practice. I did like seeing the world upside down while I was hanging by my knees.

      Delete