Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, April 25, 2015

TODAY

Today,
I'll try to
unbutton myself
let my heart
fly free.

Today,
I will let
my imagination
soar like a hawk
searching the skies.

Today,
I will chase
clouds floating above
changing shapes
on a whim.

Today,
I will sing
to the birds
and find happiness
in every flower.

Today
I will have fun
being me.
I will write
this poem
for you.

   What will you do today?  What makes you happy?  What gives you joy? As long as you're living, you might as well live big.  Have fun today.  What can you do to help someone else along their journey today? Now, can you take your answers to these questions and shape them into a poem? Have a grand time writing.

2 comments:

  1. I love this poem, Joy. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tank you, Rosi. I liked the direction this poem took too. Sometimes when I set out to write I don't know where the poem is going to go. I really enjoyed my journey with this one.

      Delete