Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, April 26, 2015

SO MUCH YELLOW


Paloverde Tree




Goldfinch hide
in the Paloverde tree,
so much yellow
they are hard to see.




  The Foothills or Yellow Paloverde trees (Cercidium microphyllum, a member of the pea family) are blooming right now (From April to May.) All the hillsides are covered with the bright yellow blossoms.  The trees grow up to 25 feet high and have smooth green bark which is photosynthetic.  Their leaflets are tiny, little things grown bipinnately in clusters to help in preventing water loss. This morning I saw a bird perched in my Paloverde and it took me a moment or two to identify it.  Actually, I didn't identify the bird until it flew away because the golden feathers of the bird blended with the tree.

   Do you have blooming trees where you live?  Can you try writing a tree or a bird poem today?  Have fun writing.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you. I'm curious, how did you find me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, poem, and experience. A well-wrapped package. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I like that well-wrapped package. You are the gift. Thank you.

      Delete