Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, April 30, 2015

CELEBRATE POEM IN YOUR POCKET DAY




I've got a poem in my pocket.
I've memorized it
Until I ROCK it.
I HIP-HOP it.
I'm doing quite fine.
I can recite each line.
Because, you see
I LOVE POETRY.

   Happy Poem in Your Pocket Day.  What poem will you carry in your pocket to share with friends?  Can you write a poem today about why you like poetry?  Have fun writing.  May your poems ROCKET and HIP-HOP IT.

6 comments:

  1. We're celebrating today too, Joy. Thanks for the happy poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a fun celebration. I had a blast with the children at the library.

      Delete
  2. This one is terrific. Love it. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosi. I love Poem in Your Pocket Day.

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of a poem in your pocket to share with others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda.
      I had little Pocket Poems cards from Janet Wong featuring her poem from the Poetry Friday Anthology for CELEBRATIONS (Pomelo Books) to give to the kids. The poems are written in English and Spanish, so in Tucson the cards are a big hit. It was a fun party at the Library. We even had three dogs from their Read to a Dog program. So of course we had to write poems for the dogs too.

      Delete