Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

LITTLE MOUSE

In my house 
while I'm sleeping
a little mouse
is crawling, creeping.

In the dark
he scurries past
tiny feet
running fast.

While my cat
wants to play
the little mouse
runs away.


     Can you write a poem today with an animal for the main character? Have fun writing.

4 comments:

  1. This one is very cute. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosi. I must admit I was ready to stop after the first stanza and call it a poem, but I was having so much fun with it I added two more stanzas. It is springtime and our packrats are having babies. I need to get a cat.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is all for the fun of poetry. Hope you are enjoying National Poetry Month.

      Delete