Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

GOSSIP All Over Town

Miss South,
a blabber-mouth
told
Miss North,
who sallied forth
to tell
Miss West,
she was a pest,
who told
Miss East, 
who confessed
to her priest,
spreading gossip
all over town.

   How did you learn the directions NEWS (North, East, West, South)?  Can you try writing your own poem today that includes the four compass points?  Have fun writing.
 Have you ever gossiped?  Have you told a secret you shouldn't have?  What happened?  How did you feel?
Is a blabber-mouth the same as a tattle-tale? What should you do if someone is spreading tales?

3 comments:

  1. Joy,
    Fun! This makes me think of the gossip game. I wonder what Miss South originally said and what Miss East's priest actually heard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Glad you liked this one. I was trying to think of different ways to use the four compass directions. A little weird, I know, but that's me.

      Delete
  2. This is very cute. It does leave a lot to the imagination, which is great. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete