Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, April 5, 2015

THE CRACKERS

Someone ate all the crackers.

     Was it you?

Must have been real lip-smackers.

     Was it you?

Did you eat crackers with your tea?

     Was it you?

You didn't save even one for me.

     Was it you?

I only wanted to eat a few.

     Was it you?

I miss those crackers.

     Oh, boo-hoo.


  This is a poem for two voices. Can you try writing your own poem for two (or more) voices today? Perhaps you'd like to work with a friend to write the poem. Have fun writing. 
    Michael McFee has a fun poem about Saltine crackers. You can read that poem here.

1 comment:

  1. Joy,
    I love a poem meant to be read by more than one person. This poem reminds me of "Who Ate the Cookie From the Cookie Jar." I haven't thought of that one in years. Thanks and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete