Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

DIVERSITY

I want to learn
about people
with different faces,
to find out more
about their country
and the distant places.

I want to learn 
their customs,
eat their food,
step to their dances,
speak their language
in gratitude.

Our world is
such an amazing place,
Can you help me
to learn 
about every race?

     Part of the reason I like to travel is because I like meeting people from other countries.  I learn something from everyone I meet.  Everyone is different.  Everyone is special.  All this diversity makes our country very rich.  Can you write a poem today about someone different? About one of the dances? One of the foods?  One of the customs that person has that is different? What is one of the customs your family shares?  Can you write about sharing today?  Have fun.

2 comments:

  1. Joy, I like the description of different faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up there because I needed to rhyme with places. But, actually each of us has a different face--even identical twins.

      Delete