Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, April 9, 2015

HAIKU

yellow sunshine hangs
heavy on the lemon tree
time for lemonade


My lemon tree has so much fruit this year that some of it is going to the birds.  I've eaten all the oranges, but the lemons seem to just keep coming.  I guess I should make lemon bars and lemon cake.  What else can I do with the lemons?  Can you write a haiku, an acrostic or a couplet about your favorite fruit?  Have fun.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, perfect. What a lovely image -- yellow sunshine hangs heavy. Great stuff, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, lemon pie!
    Lemon flavored tea
    and me!

    ReplyDelete