Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Camel Races

Now imagine
the wonder
of these three guys--
Kings,
like old golf buddies,
out riding their camels
in the desert.

They see a bright star.
"What do you think that is?"
asks one king.
"Probably the opening
for a new camel dealership,"
says the second king.

"Come on," says the third.
"Let's go see," says the second.
"Last one there," they all say together,
"Is a rotten egg."

     Today's poem reminds me that I haven't written a Christmas poem about egg nog yet.  Perhaps you'd like to help me do that.  I actually had French toast that my husband made with egg nog just the other day.  Oh was it yummy.  I'm so lucky  my husband loves to cook.  I hope you have lots of occasions to laugh today.  Have fun writing poetry.

1 comment: