Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Day of Wonder

Today
is
a day
of
wonder.

I
awoke
with a
star
in my 
hand.


     What would you do if you woke up and you had a star in your hand?  What would you do with it?  Where else might you find a star?  Or, what else might you find in your hand when you wake up?  Oh, I think this could make for an interesting poem.  Please share your poem with us.

3 comments:

  1. What about a snowball? We're having days in the 70s right now so this would be so unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY LIKE THIS.... DON'T KNOW WHY... I JUST DO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments. I guess you could have pink glitter, diamonds and sapphires, or even cookie in your hand, Any of those could be fun too. Oh, I know, what if you woke with a handful of fresh orchids? Or how about the fur from a purring snow leopard?

    ReplyDelete