Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year

Midnight,
Horns blare.
Fireworks flare.
Bells ring.
Glass flutes ting.
Confetti flies.
The old year dies.
2012 is finally here.
May it be a year of cheer.
May your days be blessed
with creativity and happiness.
May your riches abound
as elegant rhymes are found.
May you find much inspiration
and be rewarded with publication.
Happy 2012.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Linda,
    I woke up this morning and looked out the window to the pacific ocean. It is really calm right now but it is dark off in the distance and I'm wondering if a storm is coming. It reminded me of being at Holden Beach and seeing dolphins swim past at sunset. I wondered what the dolphins will be doing to celebrate New Year's. Can you imagine them in party hats with confetti flying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one... think you should continue with the party in the sea complete with hats and confetti... love you... happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is one of the best poem in the world I liked this very much.......
    commodity tips free trial

    ReplyDelete