Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Candy

I told you red and white were the colors of Christmas for me.  I especially like peppermints at this time of year.


Peppermint candy,
makes my mouth sparkle with spice.
They're called starlight mints.


     All right, now it is your turn to write a poem about all the different kinds of candy you like to eat at this time of year.  What candy ends up in your stocking?  Using peppermints makes a great writing exercise because it has a wonderful smell, the wrapper makes an enticing sound as you unwrap it.  There is both texture and taste that change as the candy melts on your tongue or crunches into smaller pieces.  I hope you have a peppermint to eat while you write your poem.  Do I need to say enjoy?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by. I always love writing about food, it is a great excuse to eat and enjoy. I hope you had fun writing your own poem. Come visit anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peppermint candy looks yummy. It's neat to have it melt in your mouth and spread its sweetness and tartness from one side of your mouth to the other.

    I hope your holidays are filled with fun and frolic.

    When is your one year anniversary?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the reflection on the table, Joy! Nice shot! Very artsy!

    ReplyDelete