Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Haiga Heliconia

Heliconia
colored claws reach to the sky
tropical perfume

     I'm definitely having fun playing with my water colors on this vacation.  This poem is a haiga.  Haiga is when art and haiku are combined.  When haiku is interspersed with prose, then it is called haibun.   I always think it is fun when I can supply a picture to go with my poem.  Do you have a picture you'd like to write a poem to go with?  What ever you do, have fun following your bliss.

2 comments:

  1. I actually wrote a bit of a poem in Spain. When my mind and body catch up with one another, I'll share the poem and picture with you. Thanks for another fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol,
    Yes, yes, yes! Please share your poem and picture.
    What a great way to start the New Year. We could have a poetry party.

    ReplyDelete