Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, December 9, 2011

HOT CHOCOLATE


After
our snowball championship fight,
my brother and I
rush into the house
to warm up,
to dry off.

Mom has hot chocolate waiting.
The rich smell
fills all the corners
of the kitchen.
The mug warms my hands.

My cocoa has 8 tiny marshmallows
floating on top.
My brother has 7.
Who is the winner
after all?
I counted.

    When you get cold in the winter, how do you warm up?  Do you wear colorful mittens, or a scarf and hat?  Do you eat hot food?  What does winter smell like to you?  What does it taste like?  Do you have snowball fights?  Who do you have fights with?  Write a winter poem about it.  Can you curl up by a warm fire to write?

3 comments:

  1. Hot chocolate with marshmallows and snowballs are what winter should be all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect end to a day of snowball fighting with a brother! Thanks for sharing these. Stay warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by Robyn and Maria.
    My Christmas is going to be leis, hula, walks on the beach and slack key guitar--a long way from snow, hot chocolate and sled rides. No matter where you are, I hope you have a great holiday season.

    ReplyDelete