Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Wheee-eee-eee

Wheee-eee-eee

There is a sound
that starts
deep in my belly.
Works its way
up to my chest,
then in a gush,
blows the top
of f my head.

It is the sound
I scream
as my sled
slides quickly
down the hill.
Wind
burns my cheeks
eyes water.

It is wild,
exciting,
fun,
Wheee-eee-eee!


     Do you ride a sled, snow ski, ice skate?  What winter activities do you like to do? Can you write a poem about it?  Stay warm and have fun.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joy!

    Here is my poem about tubing. I don't actually do it all that much. So I had to dig back into some memories!

    Snow-Tubing

    Spinning, sliding, getting dizzy
    round and round I go
    speeding faster, wind is whipping
    freezing - nose to toe

    Grandpa's calling, "supper's ready!"
    last run down the hill
    catching air, I touch the sky
    my favorite winter thrill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna,
    This is an excellent poem. It captures the fun of slipping down a hill at light speed. What fun.
    Thank you for sharing your poem.

    ReplyDelete