Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Candles


The candles burn so brightly.
they flicker in the light,
casting dancing shadows
on this winter night.

     Have you ever watched the changing shadows on the wall from a candle?  Have you used your hands to make shadow puppets from that light?  My house smells like pine and peppermint from the scented candles I burn at this time of the year.  can you try writing your own poem about candles?   Hmmm, I wonder what would happen if I make this quatrain into a concrete poem instead?  Could I put one or two words on a line to make it tall and slim like a candle?  Which way do you think you'd like better?  See how much fun you can have playing with poetry?

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    Please try it. I can see it burning.
    Linda A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda,
    That formatting will come with the revisions.

    ReplyDelete