Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Books

I like to read
and learn new things
Love the adventures
reading brings.

I like the story
of the blue whale
and the princess
in a fairy tale.

I read nonfiction
and books with facts.
Reading is my way
to relax.

But, my favorite books
as you can see
are the ones 
with poetry.

     I'm off to the Tucson Festival for the Book today, so I thought I write a poem about reading and books.  Can you write your own poem today about reading? What is your favorite kind of story to read?

3 comments:

  1. The fact that you write a poem every day is inspiring, Joy. Glad you're sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fantastic time and come back inspired to write more, more, more.

    ReplyDelete