Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, March 26, 2012

* FREE * FREE * FREE *


On Friday I'll announce how you can win a free copy of DECLARATION OF INTERDEPENDENCE Poems for an Election Year, a poetry collection written by Janet Wong.


Here is my poem for today--
Free


Blessed by the moonlight
and sparkling stars all around.
Blessed by the sun
that casts my shadow
on the ground.


Blessed by my fore fathers
who traveled over sea.
They fought for  liberty
so I am free to be me.

    For your poem challenge today, can you write a list poem of all the things or people  that bless your life?  Have fun writing.

1 comment:

  1. A free poetry book. Oh now that's a great prize. How exciting.

    Friends and good books are two of my best blessings.

    ReplyDelete