Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Counting

Count all the stars,
count all the moon light.
Count all the bird songs
that bring their delight.

And when you're 
done counting
here's what to do
take that number,
multiply by two.

The number is still
not as great as
the gifts I receive
from you,
there is
always more fun
when I am
with you.


    Happy Sunday.  Today is a good day for listening.  Can you write a poem about something you hear?  Have fun.

3 comments:

  1. Joy,

    A great day for counting blessings. You are one of mine. I especially like the idea of counting bird songs. What beautiful music.

    Did you take the photo of the bird? What type is he? Do you know? Is he a western yellow bird? Is he bigger than a cardinal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY, REALLY like the last two.... Makes me feel that they were written just for me... How good is that? ILY cloey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Linda--the pictures are mine. Cory had asked for some goldfinch feathers--it was a running gag we had for getting her dad to laugh. and since I couldn't find goldfinch feathers, I figured I could take a picture of a gold finch. Cory is a wonderful photographer, so I thought I might surprise her with a photo. I had a fun time taking pictures yesterday. Just wait, I have a black bird that looks like a cardinal. It is a p--something. I have to look the name up every time. And a photo of a butterfly on a desert marigold bloom. But first I need to write the poems.
    Because of copyright issues, and I hope I never use someone else's work without permission, all of the works I use to illustrate the poems on my blog are mine.
    Good Blessing Counting Day to you (go ahead, you can remove one of the o's from good.) and enjoy the music.
    Thank you for being a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete