Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Daylight Moon


It is 2:00
and the moon is out.
I wonder what 
the moon sees.

It is so strange
with daylight about
to think of the moon
looking at me.

The moon may cast shadows,
but those I can not see
for the sun is still shining brightly,
as bright as it can be.


     Today's poem is a little different because I wanted to share a photo of the moon that was out at 2 o'clock.  Has the moon been out early at your place too?  Today's poem challenge is to write a poem about the sun or moon.  One is thought of as being full of brightness, the other dark.  Do you think they would like to change places?  Have you ever wanted to change places with someone?  Did you discover that your own life was pretty good.  Have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Is there a kids book about the sun and moon swapping places. I'm sure you could create a terrific one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,
    Thank you for the wonderful compliment. I'll put that idea into the hopper. It could be a funny book, it would need to be. Wonder what would happen in very northern locations where they have several months of darkness and the summers of nothing but sun? I'll have to think on this one.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete