Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Little Bird


A little bird
sits at my feeder
singing to me.

I smile and think
he is smiling
at me.

I smile, he smiles.
He sings
and I sing too

It seems to me
a happy 
thing to do

What a wonderful
way to spend
our day.


    The Carolina Wren makes a call that sound like tea kettle, tea kettle.  The barred owl calls Who cooks for you?  Who cooks for you?  Today listen to the songs of birds.  Aren't they magical?  Can you write a poem today about bird songs?  Please share your creation.

   Can you see the ghost of a bigger bird looking out for my little sketch?

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Joy! You are a poet AND an artist! WAY TO GO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another one I really like... Love the picture too.. have fun at your reading tonight.. ILY.. cloey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy,

    I glimpsed a lone bird in a tree on my way in to work this week. A couple of poetic stanzas flowed forth. I wrote them down. Reading your daily poems is inspiring me to write a little here and there. Thank you for sharing your love of nature through your poetry. It brings such delight.

    I especially love it when you share your art and photography along with your poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! Thanks for the positive comments about my sketches.
    If I keep practicing my drawing and my poetry, maybe some day I'll get good at both.
    Linda, please share your poems.
    the birds have really been active this week, singing up the sun. I think the migratory birds must be heading north again.

    ReplyDelete