Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

BE HAPPY

A multitude of small delights constitutes happiness.  Charles Baudelaire


It is time to dance.
It is time to sing.
It is time to notice
the little things.


One single flower
or button, or plate,
can make me feel happy,
can make me feel great.


Today I will notice
all little things
like birds at my feeder
and the songs each one sings.

Today I'll be joyful,
and happy, and glad.
I'll be so dog-gone merry
there's no room for sad.

      It is so cold today that I'm going to work all day at being a happy me.  Can you make a list poem today of all the little things that make you happy?

5 comments:

  1. I love it... like the quote at the begining too. I am going to be happy today too. ILY cloey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good. I wish you lots of happy days. ILY too.

      Delete
  2. Joy,
    I loved the salute to little things and I was so pleased to see you included buttons on your list. They're something I adore. The last two lines of your poem made me smile. I haven't said the words "dog-gone" in a long time. Took me to my younger days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know Linda, when I wrote the dog-gone line I thought I needed a better word, but I couldn't think of one at that moment. If you think of a better word, let me know.

      Delete
  3. Joy,

    I guess I do usually think of dog-gone being used when upset or irritated. What about this?

    When I'm song-bird merry,
    There's no room for sad.

    ReplyDelete