Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

GOOD MORNING


Woke up to a beautiful morning,
just as the gray was slipping away.
The sky is full of pink feather clouds.
I think it will be a beautiful day.


    Did you get up early enough to see the sun rise?  What did the sky look like on your way to school?  Does the way the sky looks affect your mood for the day?
Can you write a poem today about a bright, happy day?  Or if you feel like it, write a poem about a really gray, dark day?

3 comments:

  1. Yep, I watch the rising each morning, Joy-almost always beautiful! I like the rhythm of your poem here. And the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda. You are an early riser,aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink feather clouds--lovely and playful too.

    ReplyDelete