Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year

Every single day, do something that makes your heart sing.  Marcia Wieder

Happy New Year

Today is January 1, 2013.
I like to say 
2--0--1--3
because this way
it rhymes with
poetry. 

     Happy New Year.  Today marks my 639th post.  Thank you for letting me have so much fun sharing poetry with you.  I'm determined that this is going to be a very joyful year.  So your challenge for today is to do something to encourage joy in your life and to write a poem about it.  You are welcome to leave your poem in the comments below. Have a fun day today and start the new year as you'd like the year to go.  I'm going to try to get some cleaning done, for me this is another way to have a new beginning.  

        And as an extra bonus, here is a poem I received from meeting Welena, a three year-old Hawaiian  girl.

MY KNEES

I was running.
I fell down.
My knees
they hit
upon the ground.   

The rocks,
they bit
into my knees.
It stung.
It hurt.
I cried,
OW-EEE.

I do NOT like  
those rocks.
Those rocks
do NOT like me.
See, the scrapes
that I have got
from falling
on my knees. 


5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to
    Poetry for All
    of us Kids, Kids, KIDS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little 'twist' Joy, & I'll try to get back to you with a poem. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Please enjoy writing your poems.

      Joy

      Delete
  3. Joy,
    We all get scrapes of one kind or another. The key to getting over them is to keep getting up. Thanks for sharing the honesty of a three-year-old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda,
    Have I ever mentioned that I love three year-olds the best of any age? What makes it fun for me is at that age they have language and when a three year old doesn't know the word for what they want, they make up a word to fit. It usually is brilliant. And you are right, they are very honest.

    ReplyDelete