Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Gingerbread Cookies

Let a joy keep you.  Reach out your hands and take it when it runs by.  Carl Sandburg







Cookies on a tray
gingerbread boys smile sweetly
will you take a bite

   I had fun making gingerbread cookies this week and wrote this haiku to celebrate. Can you write your own haiku today to celebrate your favorite cookies?  Have fun.    I wish you were here to have a cup of cocoa and help me eat these cookies.  Thank you for stopping by today.

4 comments:

  1. The silliness in me takes your poem & wonders about those gingerbread boys smiling sweetly. Is it really safe to take a bite? On the other hand, they look scrumptious. I do like gingerbread, & that you put in all in such a few words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See Linda,
      Now you know why I wanted you here to help me eat these cookies. They were really good. I ate too many of them.

      Delete
  2. Oh Joy,
    You make me hungry and ready to read The Gingerbread Man. One of my childhood favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Gingerbread Man is one of my favorites too. I love saying:

    Run, run.
    Fast as you can.
    You can't catch me.
    I'm the Gingerbread Man.

    ReplyDelete