Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, January 28, 2013

HAIKU

wolf moon shines on water
howling wind blustery blows
deep lasting hunger


    I was getting tired of writing abecedarians, so I thought I'd take a break with a haiku.  The moon was full and round last night. It's reflection on the water was a long golden ribbon.  What would the illustration look like to go with this poem?  Can you write your own haiku today?  Keep warm.  You can try writing your own haiku too.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joy,
    Wolf moon--loved this. This was great. I noticed the moon last night too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a beauty, wasn't it? We've had exceptionally warm weather & now cold & snow tonight-winter is back! I like that 'blustery blow!

    ReplyDelete