Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

POCKETS

Dad's pockets hold
his wallet and car keys.

Mom's pockets have
a tissue for her sneeze

My sister's pockets
hold a nail file
and a package of gum.

My baby brother's pocket
holds a box
of golden raisins.

My pockets hold
all sorts of things,
a rock, a beetle,
an extra yo-yo string.

There is also something
that might be a surprise.
It is a poem
I'm trying to memorize.

     What is in your pockets?  Can you write a poem about that?  Or better yet read some poetry today and try to find a poem you would like to memorize.  Write the poem out and put it in your pocket so when you have a few moments you can take it out and work on memorizing your poem.
      I'm going to try to memorize more poems this year.  Won't you join me?  You never know when having a poem can come in handy.  Have a fun Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Very fun, Joy, & perfect to share for Poem In Your Pocket day!

    ReplyDelete