Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

ABECEDARIAN GAMES

Acted atrocious, sent to
Bed without dinner
Couldn't find comfort in my bed covers
Dreamed I was locked in a toy store at
Exactly midnight
Fumbled with the key I was 
Going to unlock the door.
Hung around waiting,
I thought others were coming to play.
Just as I was about to give up a
Kangaroo hopped by.
"Let's play
Monopoly," I said.
Now there's an idea," said Kangaroo. I got all the Get
Out of Jail Free Cards. I
Purchased hotels and wouldn't
Quit until I
Ran out of money. I
Suggested we play Sorry or Scrabble.
"Thanks, not for me," said the Kangaroo,
"Unless I get to deal."
"Very well," I replied.  "Let's play
War."  But the Kangaroo
X-ed me out and left me for
Yat-
Zi.

     As you can see, I'm still playing with abecedarians.  Would you like to try writing your own abecedarian?

4 comments:

  1. Love this. I may have to share with students.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do. They might have fun writing their own abecedarians about everything at your school.

      Delete
  2. I think I'm getting the bug, Joy. This is great, so funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodie, are you getting my cooties? Abecedarians are fun to write.

      Delete