Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

WINDOW ART

I blow
my breath
across
the glass.

My window
fogs up
really
fast.

I draw
the moon
and watch
it glow.

Making 
art
in my
window.

    This morning on my walk I watched my breath come out of my mouth in a fog.  I tried to blow circles. 
     Your breath is a marvelous thing.  Can you write a list poem today about all the things you can do with your breath? 

  I can whistle,
sing,
blow up a ballloon,
blow bubbles,
croon.

Or pick just one of the things and write about that.  Keep warm.

3 comments:

  1. What fun! You have a lot of kid in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Linda. It took me years to find it, but yes, I do have that kid voice in my poems. I feel so fortunate and like I am doing exactly what I should be doing. I really am blessed. Thank you for all your help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy - I realy like it... Moves you back to when ou were little and did this.... or maybe just last week... ILY cloey

    ReplyDelete