Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Keeping Healthy

I want to stay healthy
so here's what I do--
each year I get
a shot for the flu.

I wash my hands
frequently
sing Happy Birthday 
twice, to keep germ free.

I use my elbow
when I sneeze,
exercise, sleep
and eat healthy.

I'm doing everything
I know how to do.
I hope you stay
healthy too.


      Happy Saturday.  What are doing today for fun?  Can you write a poem about it?

4 comments:

  1. Joy, thank you for the healthy wishes - great subject for a poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy,
    This is a great reminder. Is there a category called Reminder Poems? ;) If not, there should be. I can hear content like: Don't forget to brush your teeth, did you wash behind your ears? Eat those peas, they're good for you. Instead of reminders, perhaps my suggestions fall under nagging. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend who told her son to remember to wash and keep his ears clean because one never knows when a girl might want to put her tongue in his ear.
    Now that's not nagging, but I bet it did the trick. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. JANUARY 19 best day ever.

    ReplyDelete