Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Paper Moon

Driving
Blythe to Phoenix
the moon
hangs at
the end of the road.

A bright yellow orb
bigger than dinner plates
it dances in and out
of the moonlit clouds.

It looks as if we could
drive long enough
and fast enough
to have a meeting
somewhere 
down this road.


     Did you look at the moon last night?  It was beautiful in my part of the world. I'm in a rush.  There is a lot to do.  Can you find a few moments today to write your own poem.  Perhaps an acrostic will make for a quick challenge.  Here is mine.

Make the
Orb big
Or mysterious.
Now it's night.

    I'm sure you can write a better acrostic than this one.  You're welcome to leave your poem in the comments to share.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Joy. I like the little story in the first, captured thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda and Linda,
    Boy howdy, that moon was really something to see. I tried to take a picture but the car was shaking in the wind and what I got I deleted immediately because it didn't look anything like a moon.

    ReplyDelete