Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

FISHY ABECEDARIAN

"Aloha," said an albacore
Blowing bubbles when he
Came across a crab
Dodging the fish, the crab
Edged sideways away
From the hungry tuna,
Galloping quickly to
Hide from the fish.
"I won't eat you," said the Tuna,
"Just because I'm hungry."
"Keep away from me. You
Lean, hungry albacore,"
Moaned the Crab.

"No one better eat me!
Oh, NO! 
Please let me be," begged the crab. "I'm not 
Quite
Ready to be
Supper for a 
Tuna,
Unless you like eating my
Very hard shell."
"We should go our separate ways."
"eXcept,
You better promise to let me be."
"Zion-ara," said the Tuna.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Joy,
    What a neat poem! You come up with great ones. Thanks for sharing your creativity with the world.

    Hope you and your family are doing great.
    Celebrate you in as many ways as possible today.

    Never Give Up
    Joan Y. Edwards

    ReplyDelete