Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Bye Bye Balloons



At the end of the day
they put away
the party decorations.

After the bash
balloons went in the trash--
the end of the celebration.

     I saw these balloons on my morning walk.  Your challenge today is to take a walk and write a poem about something you see on your walk.  Have fun.
     My friend Joan Edwards is blogging about 8 reasons to walk,

3 comments:

  1. Joy,
    Seems sad to see balloons in the trash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, so sad. Why couldn't they have played a game to pop the balloons at least?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought is was interesting to see so many balloons in the trash too. That was why I was compelled to take the picture. Balloons are usually considered "happy" things, but all those balloons that were no longer needed seemed sad to me.

    ReplyDelete