Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

COYOTE CONVERSATION

Last night
I went outside
to look at the moon.

I saw Jupiter,
the closest it will be
to the moon for fifty years.

Stars, moon,and planets
I stood quietly watching
and then I heard
a conversation
between coyotes
yipping and yapping
singing to each other
across the canyon.


   What did you do last night?  Did you have a good dream?  Did you watch television or go outside to watch the stars?  Today can you write a poem about your evening?  Have fun.

2 comments:

  1. I like the coyotes singing to each other. ILY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy,
    I liked the connection we share with coyotes.

    ReplyDelete